MasterCard Foundation scholarship 2022 (For African Students)
The University of Pretoria is offering a MasterCard Foundation Scholarship for the academic year 2022. The University of Pretoria (UP) has collaborated with the MasterCard Foundation to commence a scholarship program for postgraduate students. Talented and outstanding African students can achieve their goals and dreams, which is only possible by pursuing higher studies. It is an excellent opportunity for African students to enhance their skills, knowledge and leadership skill.
The scholarship program is open only for African students aiming for a master’s or PhD degree. The MasterCard foundation scholars program (MCFSP) desires to develop the continent of Africa by providing support to talented and motivated students who are facing a financial crisis. Students who have the potential to transform their continent economically and positively through their knowledge are encouraged to apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship.
Here are more details about the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
Academic fields for Scholarship
- Faculty of natural and agriculture sciences
- Faculty of economic and management sciences
- Faculty of Humanities for political studies or international studies
- Faculty of Engineering (continuing students can apply)
Deadline is October 31, 2021
- Country: South Africa
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: October 31, 2021
Eligibility Criteria :
- Students belonging to African countries are eligible for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship.
- Applicants must receive an admission offer from the University of Pretoria. Students must get admission to a full-time postgraduate degree.
- The student’s contact will be requested to complete the MCFSP application.
- Applicants must submit their educational records and others supporting documents.
- Applicants must provide complete and correct information; submission of false information may lead to disqualification from the scholarship.
- Applicants must return to their home countries after completing their scholarship and contribute to the development of their country.
- The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship program provides the following benefits:
- Full tuition fees,
- Meals will be provided in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation,
- Monthly stipend,
- Textbooks and other required materials,
- Medical aid will be covered during the scholarship,
- The cost of a Visa will be provided,
- A suitable travel allowance will be provided, which means airfare to and from the applicant’s home country,
- Leadership development opportunities,
- Academic advising and counselling.
Students are required to apply for admission at the University of Pretoria via the website. After applying for admission at the university, Students can further apply for the scholarship.