TDR Postgraduate Training Scholarship 2022
The TDR postgraduate training scholarship applications are open for January 2022 intake. The scholarship is offered for implementation science hosted by the Witwatersrand school of public health. This opportunity has been initiated for qualified students interested in a Master’s degree in implementation science. The maximum duration of the scholarship program is of 18 months.
The aim of providing this scholarship is to enhance the capacity of learners in implementation research. This program is focusing on low and middle-income countries. TDR postgraduate training scholarship is provided by TDR, UNICEF, UNDP, World Bank, WHO for the research and training in tropical diseases. The primary purpose of the research scholarship is to get deep knowledge about infectious diseases of poverty like malaria, tuberculosis, HIV and COVID-19.
Here are more details about the TDR postgraduate training scholarship
Deadline is July 31, 2021
- Country: Switzerland
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Eligibility Criteria :
Applicants must fulfil the following criteria to apply for TDR postgraduate training scholarship:
- Applicant must belong to a nation of the low or middle-income county in the WHO African region.
- Applicants must be under the age of 35.
- Anyone applying for the scholarship must be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases due to poverty.
- Applicants must be proficient in English.
The TDR postgraduate training scholarship will provide:
- Return airfare for travelling to Switzerland and back to the home country.
- Basic medical and accident insurance will be given to the applicants.
- Monthly stipend for the basic living expense and accommodation.
- The university will support the applicant with the research project expenses.
Other details :
- A letter of motivation for the scholarship.
- A certified copy of the big-data page of the applicant’s passport.
- Evidence of application to study implementation science in MSc epidemiology at the University of Witwatersrand’s school of public health for the year 2022(January).
- Applicant must send his/her CV with a description of relevant research work and experience.
- The referees should send two reference reports to email@example.com before the deadline.
- Make sure that your referee reports include your name and application number.
- Scholarship applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The process to apply for the scholarship is of two main steps; both should be completed separately.
Step 1. Application to the University of Witwatersrand and submit your application to the University of Witwatersrand online
Step 2. Application for the TDR scholarship