Gates Scholarship in the USA 2022 (Fully Funded)
The gates foundation offers a competitive Gates scholarship program for high school seniors in the United States of America. Young students are encouraged to apply for this fully funded scholarship in the USA. This scholarship is for low-income students who are having trouble paying their education fees. This opportunity supports talented young minds of the US so that they can chase their dreams without worrying about financial issues. Along with the financial aid, the scholarship ensures that students have access to all required services and resources for their better education.
Each year 300 brilliant, high potential students are chosen for the scholarship. Students must not be financially stable, as this offer is for the needy talented students who do not have access to top-class education. The Gates & Melinda foundation aims to help minorities to develop self-esteem, confidence and courage to become influencers to their countrymen.
The Gates foundation commenced this scholarship in 2017. Since then, more than 3000 low-income students have studied from well-known institutes in the US. This scholarship enables low-income students to study from the institutes they dream of but do not have the financial Coverage. These students will also be grooming their leadership skills and everyday activities. Students can bring the best version of themselves by the end of their four-year degree from a prestigious university.
Here are some more details about the Gates scholarship
Deadline is September 15, 2021
- Country: USA
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and Hispanic American
- Deadline: September 15, 2021
Eligibility Criteria :
To be eligible for the gates scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be senior high school students.
- The scholarship is open for both Male and Female students.
- The applicant must be from any of the mentioned ethnicity: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and Hispanic American.
- The applicant must be a US citizen, national or permanent resident.
- The applicant must meet all the criteria for the Pell grant as well.
- Applicants receiving any financial support from family or any other organization are ineligible.
- The applicant must have secured a 3.3/4.0 GPA in high school.
- The applicant must be interested in a four-year degree enrolment in the USA.
Selected students will receive the following benefits:
- The tuition fee,
- Board and room allowance,
- Residential accommodation,
- Gates scholarship will also cover,
- the Incidental costs of the students,
- The host organization will cover transportation costs.
Other details :
- Phase II of the scholarship will be completed by January 2022.
- 600 candidates will be selected for the final phase in March and will be interviewed for the final selection.
- In April 2022, the 300 finalists will be announced. The candidates will be asked to complete the documents for the scholarship.
- The gates scholarship application process is online; applicants have to create a profile.
- Two thousand semi-finalists will be called for further process of the application.
- Candidates have to submit the following required documents: questionnaire, essays, updated transcripts, and letters of recommendation.