Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarships 2021-2022
Want to pursue research and doctorate studies abroad? Apply for the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships in the UK.
Commonwealth Scholarships 2021-22 are awarded to talented and highly motivated students from low or middle-income countries by UK the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). Students who do not get the opportunity to study in UK universities can pursue their PhD in top UK universities. The scholarship will be awarded to those committed to achieving sustainable development goals through research and studies. It is believed that all are potential candidates who can be great teachers and researchers in the future. Candidates will get an opportunity to study at one of the top UK’s universities. You can apply to these universities for the PhD Scholarship.
The Commonwealth Split-Site scholarships aim to provide high-quality equipment and educational assistance to deserving candidates. High-quality graduates and PhD candidates will be assessed based on their research contribution to the better future of higher education in the Commonwealth countries and the UK. The scholarship is fully funded so that it will cover all the candidates’ costs. This scholarship is an example of collaboration among the UK and low or middle-income countries. Common-wealth scholarships are based on six CSC development themes: science and technology, strengthening the health system and capacity, strengthening global peace, security and governance, strengthening reliance and response to crises and access, inclusion, and opportunity. Commonwealth scholarship will help out middle or low-income countries through promoting historical background.
Here are some more details about the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships
Deadline is August 2, 2021
- Country: United Kingdom
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Pakistan, Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, St Helena, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, The Gambia, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Zambia
Eligibility Criteria :
Applicants must meet the criteria to apply for Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships.
- Applicants have to be commonwealth country citizens.
- The applicant could be a British-protected person.
- Refugee status applicants from an eligible commonwealth country can apply.
- Permanent residents of a commonwealth country can apply.
- The applicants must be registered for PhD in any university of the Commonwealth country when confirming the scholarship (September 2021).
- There must be a link between the applicant’s host university and the UK’s university.
- Supportive details must be provided by both the university’s professors that confirm the eligibility of the candidate.
Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarships will provide the following benefits:
- The tuition fee will be covered.
- Monthly stipend of £1,116.
- A return air ticket will be provided.
- A study travel grant will be provided.
- Warm clothing will be provided (Where applicable)
- Widowed, divorced, or a single parent will get £478/month for the first child allowance and the second and third child allowance will be £118.
- If Scholars University is in the London Metropolitan area, they will receive a monthly stipend of £1369.
Other details :
The following documents are required for a successful application:
- Copy of Passport or NID with a complete picture and personal details
- Supporting statement of the supervisor from UK’s university
- Statement of the supervisor from your home country
- Reference letter from another individual
- Educational Transcripts
- To apply for the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships applicants are required to apply for admission at one of the universities with a funding agreement with the CSC.
- The application will be directly submitted to CSC by using CSC online application system.
- The application that is not submitted via CSC online system will not be accepted.