Wellcome International Fellowships Program 2021, Fully Funded
Applications are open for Wellcome International Fellowships for international master’s students. Wellcome fellowship program is a fully-funded opportunity to pursue a master’s program and research in the United Kingdom. The program is funded by a politically and financially independent foundation; it will cover most of the expenses, so don’t worry about travelling and living cost and apply if you are eligible.
The scholarship will be awarded to nationals of low or middle-income countries except for China and India. A broad range of academic fields and majors are offered to applicants who want to apply for this scholarship. Applicants must keep in mind that most of the expense will be covered according to the research proposal submitted by them; the fellowship will not provide major equipment, so make sure that the place you choose for the research project must have all the necessary equipment required.
The duration of the Wellcome International fellowships program is 30 months; the first 12 months will be dedicated to taught master’s course and the rest 18 months for research. Clinical, basic and even public health students can apply for research. Interesting, right? Scroll down and read the rest of the details about the scholarship before preparing your application.
Here are more details about the Wellcome International Fellowships
Deadline is August 24, 2021
- Country: United Kingdom
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Pakistan, Afghanistan, Albania, Equatorial Guinea, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Guinea, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’sDemocratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, North Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Marshall Islands, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent, Sudan, Suriname, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Papua New Guinea, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, Palestine
- Deadline: August 24, 2021
Eligibility Criteria :
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply for Wellcome International Fellowships:
- Applicants must be nationals of low or middle-income countries.
- Applicants must be at an early stage of their career with limited research experience.
- They must have proposed research that focuses on a health priority in their counties.
- Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree in a relevant clinical or non-clinical subject.
- Applicants shall have sponsorship from the host organization in low or middle-income countries (visit the official website for further details).
The Wellcome international fellowships will cover:
- Airfare travel cost,
- Tuition fee approved by the organization,
- During the 18 months of the fellowship, candidates will receive a basic salary and research expenses.
Follow the link below to apply for more details to apply for Wellcome International Fellowships.