METI Japan Internship Program 2021 (Remote Internship)
The METI Japan Internship program aims to be a platform for global talent and an opportunity for university students and highly skilled professionals to help in facilitating the overseas expansion and development of Japanese companies, mainly small and medium scale. This internship throughout two courses aims to achieve three main goals: knowledge building of development and expansion of overseas businesses, expanding and creating new networks with overseas universities in order to secure foreign high-skilled professionals and garnering and learning from the foreign talent remotely.
It is important to note that Meti Japan internship (keeping in mind the pandemic situation) will take place ONLINE in order to combat the inflow and outflow of the internees. It will be a telework type internship program funded by the Japanese Government.
Here are other details about the METI Japan Internship program
Course A: Satellite office-based internships. In 6 countries, there are 12 satellite offices chosen and internees can go there and continue with the online internship. Offices are in the following countries:
- Vietnam (HCMC/Hanoi/Da Nang）
- Malaysia（Kuala Lumpur）
- Indonesia (Jakarta, Bandung)
- Cambodia (Phnom Penh)
- Work from home.
Deadline is June 30, 2021
- Country: Online
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: June 30, 2021
Eligibility Criteria :
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria to apply for the Meti Japan internship:
- OECD residents can apply.
- Skilled professionals outside of Japan can apply.
- People from China cannot apply for this program.
- Participants who have already been a part of this internship are not eligible.
- Mandatory to have N3 language proficiency in either Japanese or English.
- Intercultural awareness and network building
- Remote internship, so a golden opportunity to learn without worrying about the travelling costs.
- Participation certificates
- The host will provide facilities like a telephone to the internees.
- Course A internees will also get internship insurance.
- An allowance equivalent to 40,000 Yen will be provided to Course A internees if they complete the course.
Other details :
- Scanned copy of passport,
- Photographs of applicants,
- Language proficiency certificate,
- Letter of recommendation from employer and if the applicant is a student,
- A letter of enrolment should be provided.
- Application for the Meti Japan internship should be submitted online.
- Interviews will be held to finalize the selection