||The Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn is an international research university with a broad
spectrum of disciplines. 200 years of history, around 38,000 students, more than 6,000 employees and an
excellent reputation at home and abroad: The University of Bonn is one of the most important universities in
Germany and has been awarded the title of Excellence University.
The laboratory of Prof. Mihai Netea at the University of Bonn, Germany, is currently looking for PhD candidates
interested in metabolic impact on the immune system and enthusiastic about working on a collaborative
project, generating and integrating multidimensional data and understanding human biology at the systemic
level. The project focuses on deciphering the impact of energy metabolism, uric acid, lipid mediators on
inflammation and trained immunity in atherosclerosis. The project is a collaborative effort between Radboud
University Medical Center and the University of Bonn.
The PhD will develop skills in standard immunology techniques, lipidomic analysis, metabolic measurements
as well as will work with big data sets.
• performing standard immunological assays on human samples,
• evaluation and analysis of big data,
• plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments,
• may establish new research protocols and procedures,
• summarizes research findings and contribute to publish results in research
• may be responsible for laboratory operations.
• a solid background (master or diploma) in Biology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics,
Molecular Medicine, or related topics,
• having bioinformatic skills and being familiar with data science is advantageous,
• ability to work independently and in a team,
• excellent management and communication skills,
• highly motivated in interdisciplinary research,
• good computer and language (English) skills.
• a diverse and demanding job with one of the largest employers in the region,
• highly innovative techniques in Immunology, Molecular and Cell biology,
• a well-equipped workspace in an active international team,
• supportive mentoring and a well-equipped laboratory,
• successful candidates will be awarded a PhD,
• company pension scheme (VBL),
• numerous offers of university sports,
• very good transport connections or the possibility to purchase a VRS major
customer ticket or to use inexpensive parking facilities,
• a possibility to use the day care center,
• salary according to salary group 13 TV-L.
The University of Bonn is committed to diversity and equal opportunities. It is certified as a family-friendly
university. Its aim is to increase the proportion of women in areas where women are under-represented and to
particularly promote their careers. It therefore urges women with relevant qualifications to apply. Applications
are treated in accordance with the Land Equality Act. The application of suitable people with proven severe
disabilities and persons of equivalent status is particularly welcome.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application documents including cover letter, curriculum
vitae and certificates by 30.04.2021 in a single PDF file by e-mail to email@example.com. Please address any
questions regarding the position described to Dr. Katarzyna Placek at the same address.