The UNFPA Internship Program 2021
Applications require the UNFPA Internship Program 2021. The UNFPA Internship Program offers a small group of outstanding students the opportunity to gain direct exposure to UNFPA operations. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of UNFPA’s work.
Applicants should have expressed interest in the development field; ability to adapt to new environments and work with people of different cultural origins. Interns work under the supervision of a UNFPA staff member. The background of the interns corresponds to the needs of the organization.
Here are more details about the The UNFPA Internship Program 2021
Deadline is December 31, 2020
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Anyone can apply for the program with following eligibility criteria
- Deadline:: December 31, 2020
Eligibility Criteria :
Candidates apply for the UNFPA Internship Programme 2021 are selected on a competitive basis. The profiles of the interns correspond to the needs of the organization. The following qualifications are required for your consideration:
- Students must be enrolled in an advanced degree program or have graduated in the past 12 months.
- Students must have oral and written proficiency in English; Fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic is a bonus.
- UNFPA supports programs in more than 150 countries in four geographic regions: the Arab States and Europe, Asia and the Pacific,
- Latin America and the Caribbean, and sub-Saharan Africa. About three-quarters of the staff work in the field. She is a founding member of the United Nations Development Group, a collection of UN agencies and programs focused on meeting the Sustainable
- Development Goals.
- The costs associated with an intern’s participation in the program must be assumed either by the students themselves or by the nominating institution, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students. Students will have to meet living expenses as well as make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel, and other requirements. In addition, applicants must have medical insurance for the duration of the internship. Proof of insurance will need to be submitted before the internship begins.
- Interns are not financially remunerated by UNFPA for their work but may receive a stipend to help cover basic daily expenses related to the internship, when not financially supported by any institution or program, such as a university, government, foundation, or scholarship program.