IRB Barcelona International PhD Fellowships 2021
For the 2021-2022 academic year, IRB Barcelona is offering up to 20 PhD fellowships for young scientists from the national and international community who wish to undertake a doctoral degree in biomedicine. We encourage applications from highly motivated graduates with outstanding qualifications in biology, biochemistry, physics, pharmacology, computational biology or related fields. Successful candidates will join research groups headed by top-level scientists and will carry out their research in cutting-edge fields of biomedicine in a stimulating environment.
The following will be offered in this call:
- Up to 4 fellowships associated with the “Contratos Predoctorales para la Formación de Doctores (FPI)” 2021 call assigned to the Severo Ochoa Accreditation funded by the “Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades (MICIU)” (herein referred to as Severo Ochoa fellowships).
- Up to 8 fellowships associated with the “Ayudas para contratos predoctorales para la formación de doctores” 2021 call funded by the “Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades (MICIU)” (herein referred to as FPI Project fellowships).
- 2 fellowships funded by the ITN-Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions call of the European Commission at Dr. Roger Gomis’ laboratory (Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme, grant agreement No. 955951) (herein referred to as ITN fellowships). Requirements for the ITN fellowships are provided in Annex 1 of the 2021 call. More information at https://evomet-itn.eu/
- 1 fellowship funded by the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation at Dr. Toni Gabaldón’ laboratory (under the Grant “Relative Timing and Modularity in The Path to the Last Eukaryotic Common Ancestor” and Grant ID GBMF9742). Requirements for this fellowship are provided in the 2021 call.
Check out IRB Barcelona groups participating in this frame:
- Núria López-Bigas – Biomedical Genomics
- Cayetano González – Cell Division Laboratory
- Roger Gomis – Growth Control and Cancer Metastasis
- Marco Milan – Development and Growth Control Laboratory
- Cristina Mayor-Ruiz – Targeted protein degradation and drug discovery
- Salvador Aznar-Benitah – Stem Cells and Cancer
- Alejo E. Rodriguez-Fraticelli – Quantitative Stem Cell Dynamics
- Ángel Nebreda- Signalling and Cell Cycle Laboratory
- Francesc Posas and Eulàlia de Nadal – Cell Signalling
- Antoni Riera – Research Unit on Asymmetric Synthesis
- Raúl Méndez – Translational Control of Cell Cycle and Differentiation
- Patrick Aloy – Structural Bioinformatics and Network Biology
- Fran Supek – Genome Data Science
- Modesto Orozco – Molecular Modelling and Bioinformatics
- Eduard Batlle – Colorectal Cancer Laboratory
- Antonio Zorzano – Complex Metabolic Diseases and Mitochondria
- Maria J. Macias – Structural Characterization of Macromolecular Assemblies
- Lluís Ribas – Gene Translation Laboratory
- Toni Gabaldón – Comparative Genomics
- Jens Lüders – Microtubule Organization
- Manuel Palacín – Amino Acid Transporters and Disease
- Xavier Salvatella – Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics