Research Assistants at the Project „In time Virtual Reality Simulations” • HAW Aalen • Aalen
Open Positions 2
Time Span 01 Mar 2021 for 30 months
Application Deadline10 Jan 2021
Type of Position
- PhD – Individual Supervisor
Field of Research
- Mathematics / Natural Sciences
SubjectsMedical Imaging InformaticsDescriptionFor the DFG project, Aalen University is looking for
“In Time Virtual Reality Simulations”
under the direction of Prof. Dr. Andre Mastmeyer, as of March 01, 2021 one or two
academic researchers (m/f/d)
– 50 – 100 % –
Your future field of activity
* Independent research and development on data fusion and visuo-haptic display and object manipulation modules, scientific publication of the results
* Performance of the project on modeling of virtual and, if necessary, time-dynamic patient body models with nonlinear registration methods, deep learning and virtual reality techniques for quality control
* Cooperation in the preparation of applications for third-party funding and final reports
* support in the teaching of Prof. Mastmeyer
The willingness to carry out an intensively supervised cooperative doctoral project with a German university is highly desirable. To do so, you must have at least a good (university) degree and the personal decision to do so with passionate commitment. For advice on this, you can reach Prof. Dr. Mastmeyer via telephone/zoom conference. You can find relevant publications on this topic under Google-Scholar.
Demonstrable enthusiasm for the interdisciplinary topic. At least a good degree from a university/college in the field of image informatics. Confident command of C++, Nvidia Cuda C, Qt with Visual Studio. Willingness to familiarize with a visuo-haptic VR simulator (C++/Cuda/Qt) and, if necessary, Unity/Unreal (C#). In-depth knowledge (or the willingness to acquire it) in GPU-supported computer graphics (DVR/RTX), haptics, deep learning (TensorFlow/PyTorch in Python) and first experiences in teaching as well as a thirst for research (first publications) are desired.
We offer you:
* An exciting and varied field of activity
* Cooperation in a friendly and motivated team
* Flexible and family-friendly working hours
* Company pension scheme (supplementary pension)
* Attractive offers of the company health management
* Modern office equipment
* Regular further training opportunities
* Job Ticket of the state of Baden-Württemberg
* Care places in the day care center Einsteinchen of the University of Aalen
The position is initially limited to 2.5 years (30 months) and is basically divisible. It is planned to extend the position after two years by means of a DFG follow-up proposal.
The job will be classified up to pay group 13 of the collective agreement for the public service of the federal states (TV-L) if the legal and personal requirements are met. Severely disabled persons will be given preferential employment if their aptitude is essentially the same. Further information can be found at www.hs-aalen.de/sbv.
Aalen University aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore expressly encourages qualified women to apply. For further information, please contact the representative for equal opportunities, Ms Gabriele Beirle www.hs-aalen.de/chancengleichheit/.
Please ask us!
Would you like to learn more about this position? Please contact Prof. Dr. Mastmeyer, email@example.com, (07361 / 576-4567; 0160 / 9865 6665).
Are you interested?
Then we look forward to receiving your detailed application by 10.01.2021 via our online application portal:
Language of Dissertation
- Reports, certificates
- Letter of Motivation
- Research Proposal
- List of Publication