American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship 2021
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity. Bringing together the best of AU – academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement – AU’s Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision. The AU EGL is dedicated to positive civic and social change and will return home to improve underserved and underserved communities in its home country.
The AU EGL scholarship is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
Important: Only one AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is available for Fall 2021. If you are not selected as the AU 2021 EGL Recipient and wish to continue the application process, you may be eligible for partial merit scholarships. However, you will need to provide proof of additional funds beyond the initial $ 4,000 you provided. Estimated costs for the 2020-2021 academic year are US $ 70,231
This is an annual program so the deadline remains in between 15 DEC TO 15 JAN
Here are more details about the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
Deadline is April 15, 2021
- Country: USA
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Anyone from any country can apply
- Deadline:: January 15, 2021
Eligibility Criteria :
Here are the eligibility criteria for the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges, as well as those from diverse and under-represented socioeconomic and global backgrounds.
- A minimum of 3.8 GPA equivalent to 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of the graduating class) for grades 9-12.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteering, community service, and advancing the needs of the people in your home country.
- Students with one of the following:
- 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or more)
- Secondary scores of 24+ on paper TOEFL (taken after May 31, 2017)
- 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or higher)
- 33 minimum SAT reading subscore
- 29 minimum ACT English
- 65 PTE minimum
- 120+ Duolingo (all subscores must be 110 or higher)
- Students still enrolled in middle / high school and graduating by June 2021.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at least 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and complete 13 years of study by August 2021.
You are NOT eligible to apply if:
- You are a US Citizen, US Permanent Resident, or Dual US Citizen and Other Country.
- You are enrolled in or have already started post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or in the United States.
- You graduated from high school before 2019.
- Applicants for AU EGLS must apply for the Regular Decision by Fall (August) 2021. Do not apply the Advance Decision (ED).
- The AU EGL scholarship covers all AU expenses (full tuition, room and board). Who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States.
- The scholarship does not cover other expenses such as compulsory medical insurance, books, plane tickets, and miscellaneous expenses.
- The AU EGL scholarship is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
Other details :
- Complete the AU EGLS online application.
- Submit your official TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English test results.
- Your university record
- Letter of reference from university professors.
- Well written personal statement