15 Marie Curie PhD positions – Cutting-edge Academic and Industrial Research in Embedded Learning… (# of pos: 15)
Univ. Freiburg, KU Leuven, Pol. Milano, Pol. Bucharest, ETH, EPFL, Siemens, Bosch, ODYS, Atlas Copco, Tool-Temp, Europe
ELO-X is currently recruiting 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESR) as Marie Skłodowska-Curie PhD candidates in top research universities and companies across Europe.
Please see the specific PhD projects, supervisors, candidate profiles, and application deadlines at https://elo-x.eu/
ELO-X is a Marie Curie Innovative Training Network (ITN) funded by the European Commission Horizon 2020 program. With 15 doctoral researchers working at 6 research universities and 5 international companies from 5 European countries, and further 4 partner organizations in China, Japan and the US, ELO-X will accelerate research and development in embedded learning and optimization, delivering new methods and applications.
ELO-X will train skilled researchers able to further advance research and technology transfer of embedded learning and decision-making solutions to industry, reinforcing the EU technological leadership in strategic industrial fields such as transportation, energy, infrastructures, and manufacturing.
Marie Skłodowska-Curie PhDs are prestigious international positions funded by the European Commission within European Training Networks (ETNs). Each ETN provides a unique, cutting edge training and research environment where top research institutions collaborate to push forward the frontier of research in a specific topic. ELO-X will deliver the solutions to enable embedded learning and optimization in the next-generation of industrial systems.
The following eligibility conditions apply to all positions:
- Mobility: candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc…) in the country of the host institution for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to recruitment under the ELO-X project.
- Qualifications and research experience: candidates must be in the first 4 years of their research career after the master degree was awarded.
Deadline Dec 2, 2020
After the deadline for each position, the received applications will be evaluated by an international committee composed of four people from different ELO-X consortium members. Specific additional conditions and application procedures may apply for each ESR position.
The ELO-X consortium members are:
- Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany (ALU-FR)
- KU Leuven, Belgium (KUL)
- Politecnico di Milano, Italy (POLIMI)
- École Polytechnique Fédéral de Lausanne, Switzerland (EPFL)
- University Politehnica Bucharest, Romania (UPB)
- Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich, Switzerland (ETHZ)
- Robert Bosch GmbH, Germany (BOSCH)
- Siemens Industry Software NV, Belgium (SIEMENS)
- Atlas Copco Airpower, Belgium (AC)
- Odys Srl, Italy (ODYS)
- TOOL-TEMP, Switzerland (TT)
- apply below