Bioinformatician, Cancer IO
Times Higher Education, Finland.
Cancer IO bioinformatician position open in Juha Klefström Lab, Medical Faculty, University of Helsinki.
Cancer IO is a large Business Finland Health program’s public-private partnership, which builds societal, research and healthcare ecosystem to facilitate capture and development of cancer immunotherapies in Finland. The network is comprised of 28 partners, including international pharma industries, Finnish small and midcap companies, Finnish hospitals and cancer centers, patient organizations and the universities of Turku and Helsinki. Cancer IO provides a broad interface between academia, hospitals and pharma businesses to boost research, innovation, cancer awareness, health care & regulatory development, and ultimately, to bring new transformative therapies faster, more efficiently and with more power to the cancer patient.
The project involves bioinformatic analyses of in-house and public data sources to generate computational predictions relevant to discovery and development of novel IO combination therapies and diagnostics. In addition, the project will pilot various processes involving data from questionnaires, trend analyses, public health and research databases, with intention to integrate the discrete data into a meaningful health knowledge.
What do we offer:
- A vibrant working environment at the core of the ongoing transformation in the oncology field
- Opportunity to learn and develop computational approaches that address the needs of post-genomic immuno-oncology research
- Opportunity to develop your skills in managing, interpreting and integrating data from complex networked projects and data visualization
- Opportunity to publish and contribute to scientific papers
- Translational research project in the interfaces between academia, hospitals and industry
- Opportunity to participate in the work of research consortia with high societal and scientific impact
What do we require:
- PhD or MSc degree in a relevant field, preferably in bioinformatics or data sciences
- Experience in bioinformatic data analysis (such as RNAseq, gene signatures, data mining, network data integration)
- Experience in data management. Graphical user interface design will be bonus.
- Relevant programming language and database management skills (such as R, Python, SQL)
- Good team player with excellent communication skills
- Versed in English language
The initial contract will be for two years starting at your earliest convenience (with a 6 months trial period). Extension of contract is possible. The salary is in accordance with the University salary system (for teaching and research personnel).
The position is located in the laboratory of Cancer IO Director Juha Klefström, Research Programs Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Helsinki (https://klefstromlab.com ). You will also closely work with the other academic teams of Cancer IO and interact with our industry partners.
Applications must include a CV and an application letter that clearly describes how your profile matches with the candidate requirements and describe also your most relevant previous achievements in the field. Also include names and contact information of 2 references. The application, together with the required attachments, must be submitted through the University of Helsinki electronic recruitment system by clicking on ‘Apply for job’ link. Internal applicants (i.e., current employees of the University of Helsinki) must submit their applications through the SAP HR portal. Deadline for applications is November 30, 2020, but the position will be closed once a suitable candidate has been identified. For further inquiries regarding the position please contact email@example.com .
See highlighted publications from the host laboratory at https://klefstromlab.com/home/publications/
Cancer Research 2000, Nat. Comms 2019, J. Med. Chem 2019, J. Med. Chem 2018, Cancer Discovery 2015, The EMBO J 2015.
30.11.2020 23:59 EET
click below to apply