PhD Student (f/m/d)
Reference No.: EM 2020/33
In the Institute IFOX at HZB, we work on functional oxide thin films and nanodevices for energy efficient data sensing or processing. We focus on material synthesis and nanoscale devices, detailed structural characterization using advanced methods, and on electrical and optical properties in different types of materials and devices. We are a member of the GrafOx network (consortium of German universities and research institutes) focused on material and device research based on Gallium-Oxide material systems. We have several collaborations through EU and national projects within Europe.
The PhD student will benefit from a dynamic and state-of-the-art-equipped environment at HZB (cleanroom access, advanced electrical characterization) combined with the outstanding environment of Berlin in terms of universities (including access to some facilities) and research institutes. The PhD Student will be working in a multidisciplinary team and involved in international collaborations.
- Fabrication of CMOS back-end compatible a-GaOx devices, particularly thin-film transistors and integration on Si CMOS chips
- Evaluation of different annealing methods, metal for contacts and device architectures to obtain high-drive current. Exploration of ferroelectric gate stacks.
- Electrical characterization of transistor and investigation of channel properties, gate stack and contacts.
- In-depth electrical characterization studies to evaluate pulsed IV response, noise and charge trapping.
- Collaboration with experts for material deposition, structural characterization and evaluation of doping aspects of a-GaOx layers
- Presentation at international conferences and scientific publications of experimental results
- Completed Master Degree in Physics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering or Materials Sciences with excellent academic record
- Research experience in thin film deposition or nanostructure/device fabrication
- Experience in the field of oxide and/or semiconductor materials
- Experience with electrical characterization such as CV/IV bench tests, pulsed IV measurements would be beneficial
- Experience working in cleanroom and morphological characterization such as SEM, AFM would be beneficial
- Good written and spoken skills in English
- High motivation for research, zeal to learn, and open mind for cooperative work as well as a team-oriented and communicative work ethic
What we offer
Fixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 16.10.2020.
Click here to apply https://recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com/Vacancies/1308/Description/2?lang=eng